I am not a big fan of alcoholic drinks, so while I would never decline a good glass of bubbles, I am not a big cocktails drinker. As we are entering the Holiday Season , I was looking for a nice festive drink to serve as a pre-dinner aperitif. I was considering a few options when I received an email from aunt Ilene, who lives in gorgeous Austria and makes some delicious healthy food, with the recipe for this drink. I took it as a sign, I bought the ingredients on the same day and mixed myself a drink. Well I was blown away and I finally had a winner!
As aunt Ilene says “this is a healthy drink as well as being a refreshing one. The cranberry gives it a nice colour” and I may add that it is perfect for the Holiday Season with its festive red!
This recipe makes one 8 ounce (about 250ml) glass.
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cranberry juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey (or more to taste)
- Squeeze of fresh lime (about 1/2 tablespoon) plus more for decoration
- Tap filtered water (1 shot)
- Sparkling water
1. Put the ingredients in a glass or cocktail mixer, add some ice and mix well
2. Add some cold tap/filtered water and top up with some sparkling water
3. Decorate with a nice lime wedge and serve
You can add one shot of gin if you want to make this an alcoholic drink, it’s equally delicious.
This drink is a delicious non-alcoholic cocktail and it is perfect when paired with roasted nuts and cheese twist f!
This is going to be a family favourites and I can see us drinking it during the summer as well, perhaps with a splash of citrus tonic water! Enjoy mixing it and let me know if you have any comments or questions!
If you want to make this recipe and share it on your social media please tag me using @prepandproperrecipes and the tag #prepandproperrecipes