I love granola, I eat it for breakfast almost every day! I have it with coconut yogurt, on bircher muesli or simply with almond milk. It’s delicious in all it variants, but the this particular one it my favourite!
This recipe has no refined sugars or nasties in it, the fat is given by the almond butter and the sweetness by the maple syrup and cacao powder.
I make it every couple of weeks and it takes less than 10 minutes to mix all the ingredients together and makes enough granola to fill in two 0.75ml storage jars.
- 400g Porridge oats
- 120g Chopped almonds
- 30r Raw Cacao powder
- 125g Almond butter
- 75g Pure maple syrup
- 80g Water ( I use tap as it’s quite good in London)
- 70g Raw coconut chips
- A pinch of salt
1. Mix the porridge oats, chopped almonds, cacao and salt in a bowl
2. Combine the almond butter with the water and maple syrup.
I usually do this step on low heath unless it is very hot outside and the butter is already very runny, in which case I just mix the three ingredients together.
3. Pour the liquid butter mix over the oats/almond/cacao mix and stir to combine all the ingredients together.
Make sure you reach the bottom of the bowl when combining so that all the ingredients are coated with the butter mix.
4. Spread the mix evenly on a baking tray using a spatula
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 140C Fan for 35 minutes. Make sure you stir the mix every 10 minutes.
I like to scatter raw coconut chips on the granola as soon as it is out of the oven when it is still hot. It helps with the sweetness. You can add dry fruit, chocolate chips or seeds!!
This granola keeps up to two or three weeks, mine is usually gone after two weeks!!
I hope you like this recipe, let me know if you have any questions or what you think if this recipe by using the comment box below!!
If you want to make this recipe and share it on your social media please tag me using @prepandproperrecipes and using the tag #prepandproperrecipes and #nofoodinthebin